The event will consist of a variety of talks from a number of different speakers, each covering a specific area related to art and cultural heritage law, including:
Venue: New College, Oxford
Date & Time: 28 July 2018, 9:45am to 5.30 pm
Cost: £144 (incl. VAT) – 50% off for IAL members (and UKRG members)
This event will be eligible for 3 CPD points.
TO BOOK A SPOT, SEE HERE.
Confirmed speakers and topics include:
- ‘Tax incentive schemes for heritage assets: Acceptance in Lieu’ by Colin Harrison, Senior Curator of Western Art, Ashmolean Museum
- ‘Heritage and planning’ by Jill Campion, Cambridge University
- ‘The law of treasure’ by Geoffrey Bennett, IAL Senior Fellow
- ‘Auction and private sales’ by Charles Cochrane, Cochrane Adams Fine Art
- ‘Art sales on a handshake: the Simon de Pury case’ by Michael Bowmer, barrister, 4 New Square
- ‘Nazi-looted art and the US Holocaust Expropriated Art Recovery Act’ by Julia Rodrigues Casella Hommes, IAL researcher
- Plus an introduction to New College by the college Bursar and a walking tour of the college